- Inform residents of East Atlanta about the public school options for which they are zoned: Burgess Peterson Academy (Elementary school, also known as “BPA”); Coan Middle School; and Maynard Jackson High School.
- Provide a channel of communication and engagement between the community and the school system.
The Education Committee has been very active in connecting East Atlanta to its public schools, especially to its neighborhood elementary school, Burgess Peterson Academy. The Committee has:
- Organized and advertised tours of the school for prospective parents
- Organized Pre-K and Kindergarten “Round-ups” – Interactive informational sessions that expose future students and their parents to an actual day in school
- Coordinated volunteer activities at the School
- Begun work on a “Prospective Parents” webpage for BPA
- Continue tours of the school, and develop on-line “virtual tours”
- Create an on-line site for showcasing and coordinating future volunteer efforts at the School
- Work with the PTA to further connect School and Community
The Education Committee will meet quarterly at a time/date/venue TBA, but we encourage you to contact the chair with any questions:
For information about all of the school options for East Atlanta children, visit here.